Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mother guilt

Argh I have an attack of the "motherhood guilt" this morning. I've been having some pretty bad days lately. Just all the emotions of Christmas, New Year and Aaliyah's birthday really affects me. So after speaking to Mum yesterday, we decided we needed a girls day out. So I asked (read begged) my Dad to watch what ever kids I have at home. Kyle and Zane aren't here today..thank goodness for friends houses. So he has the four remaining kids. Mum is about to pick me up and we're going to hit Cairns, for some window shopping and maybe a movie.

I'm excited. But on the other hand I feel extremely guilt ridden! I feel as if I need to explain my reasons. How about "I'm about to jump off a really high chair if I don't get a day by myself" then Mum questions my ability to home school this year? Where is it written, because I chose to have six kids, did I then give up the right to have one day alone very rarely? Or because I choose to home school, that I can't again have one day break? Teachers get holidays or days off. Nurses, Doctors, many other parents get time off. Doesn't matter if they have 1 or 10 kids. But I feel so guilty. Is it wrong of me to have fun without my children with me? Of course not.

Mum is nearly here, I can feel it in my bones.

Hopefully the Motherhood guilt dissolves as quickly as the froth of my cappuccino that I'm going to eat all by myself.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed your day out without the kids Manda, you absolutley deserve it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I did Sandy, it was lovely. Except my little sister ended up wanting foils in her hair, so we didn't go to the movies, instead Mum and I sat around and waited for her to get her hair done..argh..like 3hrs. We didn't want to leave her alone, because we were in the city and felt a bit strange leaving her.

    ReplyDelete

Followers